About Professional Teeth Whitening
At Advanced Dentistry of Centre County, we understand the impact and value that a beautiful, confident smile can have on your self-esteem and even on your professional life. Many patients in the State College, PA area turn to our teeth whitening dentists to help overcome common cosmetic dental concerns, like stained, dull, faded, yellow, or discolored teeth with professional-strength teeth whitening solutions. Though there are dozens of supermarket whitening choices, we offer products that have shown to be superior to most over-the-counter treatments currently offered. Our Zoom! in-office whitening and home teeth whitening services can brighten your teeth by several shades, helping you keep your beautiful results for much longer than alternative products. We use professional-strength solutions that truly do the job, reaching below the surface of the teeth to treat deep stains and discoloration. If you want to upgrade your look and bring your smile to a whole new level, reach out to our team to learn about your teeth whitening options today!
"I was very happy with my teeth cleaning experience."- T.B. / Google / Jun 04, 2022
"Very nice people! Definitely recommend to my friends!"- H.N. / Google / May 26, 2022
"Friendly and detailed service"- L.C. / Google / May 19, 2022
"Thorough and kind dentist and hygienist. Going to the dentist is not easy. This one is."- P.D. / Google / May 04, 2022
"Very good experience! Everyone was kind, efficient and helpful. And no 'extra' procedures suggested! Also easy to schedule an appointment on line and to receive an automated calendar confirmation of my next appointment."- M.D. / Google / Apr 29, 2022
Who Is a Good Candidate for Whitening?
Teeth whitening in State College, PA, may be ideal for brightening a smile that has become dull or faded over the years or from consuming products that tend to stain tooth enamel. While often performed as a singular service to enhance the smile, our Zoom! in-office or take-home whitening options may also be integrated into a complete smile makeover treatment plan for optimal cosmetic results. It is important to understand that though professional whitening solutions are highly effective at brightening stained tooth enamel, these products will not change the color of fillings, bonding, crowns, or other dental restorations. If you have such concerns, our dentists can talk with you about other ways to help improve the appearance of your smile. You may be a good candidate for professional teeth whitening if your enamel is stained or discolored from:
- Tobacco use
- Coffee, tea, colas, or red wine
- Berries, tomatoes, or fruit juices
- Curry, chili powder, and similar spices
- Yellowing due to the aging process
- Certain medications or supplements
How Does Zoom! and Take-Home Whitening Work?
We offer two types of whitening options in State College, PA, and can help you select the appropriate solution based on your unique smile objectives, lifestyle, and preferences during your teeth whitening consultation. These options include:
- Zoom! in-office teeth whitening (laser teeth whitening): With Zoom! whitening, our team applies a prescription-strength whitening gel to your teeth after covering your tissues with a special barrier. We then employ our special laser light to activate the gel and speed up the teeth whitening process. The process is repeated 2 – 3 times over the course of about an hour and can dramatically lighten the teeth by several shades within a single visit. Custom whitening trays may also be fabricated and given to you, along with take-home whitening gel so that you may continue the whitening process at home or touch up your results as needed over time.
- Home teeth whitening: Our at-home kits are equally as efficient but provide a more gradual approach to achieving your whitening outcomes. To create your home whitening kit, our team will take impressions of your upper and lower teeth and make custom bleaching trays that offer a comfortable and snug fit. These trays can be worn for a short period of time each day or overnight in combination with take-home whitening gel over the course of a few days to weeks (depending on the strength of the solution). With this option, you can whiten when you want from the comfort of home and can enjoy more control over your teeth whitening results.
Following Your Whitening Treatment
Following laser or home teeth whitening treatments in State College, PA, you may experience some temperature sensitivity, but this typically subsides within a couple of days. It is best to avoid consuming coffee, tea, and similar products that may discolor the teeth for a few days following teeth whitening treatments. We will offer tips on how to maintain your teeth whitening results and recommend minimizing the consumption of products that may stain the teeth. Brushing and flossing right after consuming such products can lessen the chance of stain adhering to your tooth structure. Attending routine dental cleaning and check-up visits at Advanced Dentistry can help keep stains to a minimum and aid in keeping your smile looking bright. Our team always keeps additional whitening gel in stock in the event you would like to touch up your treatment at a future time.
Is Whitening Covered by Insurance?
Because teeth whitening is considered elective and cosmetic in nature, it is not commonly covered by dental insurance providers. Nonetheless, our talented billing team can assess your dental coverage to determine if any portion of your visit is covered by your insurance to reduce any personal costs. Our financial coordinator will be happy to talk with you regarding the payment options accepted at Advanced Dentistry and provide information on our in-house Healthy Smiles Program.
Brighten Your Way to a Radiant Smile
Teeth whitening can create fast and dramatic improvements to the appearance of your teeth and overall smile. If you have been considering teeth whitening options or are curious about how the Zoom! teeth whitening system or take-home kits work, our dentists and team at Advanced Dentistry of Centre County would love to help you learn more. Schedule your visit with our friendly State College, PA dental practice today, and see how you can brighten your way to a radiant, confident smile!